Recently, the Ban of TikTok and other 59 Chinese apps is the most discussed topic on the social world and since then many have assumed that PUBG is a ban or will be banned soon!! A lot of rumours being made on the ban of the popular game PUBG Mobile, since many believe that PUBG is chinese game and the company leaks the private information to other government. So here we will discuss some important points that should be cleared to PUBG Users.
- What is PUBG?
- Which country did PUBG originated from?
- Who is Tencent?
- How Much PUBG Earns?
- Is PUBG really Banned?
What is PUBG?
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) is an online multiplayer fight royale game created and distributed by PUBG Corporation.
In the game, up to one hundred players land with a parachute on an island and search for weapons and gear to kill the remaining players while avoiding from getting killed. The accessible safe region of the game’s map diminishes in size after some time, guiding alive players into more tightly regions to create intense battle experiences. The last player or group standing wins the match. The game also includes various match modes. This game was among the top trending games in google play in 2018 and 2019 with 100+ million downloads.
Which country did PUBG originate from?
The game was developed for PC by PUBG Corporation, which is a subsidiary of a Korean game developer, Bluehole. But later, the Korean developer partnered with Tencent which is the biggest gaming company in china. The introduction of PUBG Mobile is only possible because of Tencent. The game became an instant hit in China but the Chinese government did not approve it.
What is Tencent?
According to Wikipedia, Tencent Holdings Ltd. is a Chinese multinational company founded in 1998. Tencent provides various internet services and is linked to subsidiaries including Funcom, Grinding Gear Games
Lightspeed & Quantum, Miniclip, Riot Games, Sharkmob, Supercell, Tencent, Music, Tencent Pictures and TiMi Studios. Tencent has employed more than 60000 employees worldwide.
How much PUBG Earn?
According to the report of Sensor Tower, the estimated user generated revenue by Tencent is more than 226$ Million and networth of Bluehole is more than 5$ Billion till now!!
PUBG is Ban or will be banned?
PUBG is not yet banned globally however there is an interference by the government of different nations regarding the user privacy and mental health issues in youth due to addiction to this game!! There are cases where the users died while playing this game for hours (sometimes more than 6 hours continuously). Even the Chinese government banned PUBG and allowed another game known as “Game for Peace” that is similar to PUBG. The PUBG Mobile can be said as Chinese game (because of Tencent) but PUBG Corporation is South Korean company!!
For now, PUBG Mobile ban is in China, Nepal, Iraq and Temporarily banned in Pakistan!! PUBG gave a boost to Esport industry and banning this game at the global level is rare to be possible.
1) Collecting information directly from you
PUBG Corporation offers a variety of Games and Services, the information you provide PUBG may differ in some cases. For example, these include:
- Email address, password, date of birth to create and use PUBG global account
- Email address, password, date of birth, display name to use Forum service
- Nickname to create a character in-game
- Email address, Steam account name, nickname, region, gamertag to use customer service
- Email address, name, date of birth, country of residence, nickname, Steam account name, gender to apply for participation in the event, survey, tournament and other events held by us
2) Collecting information automatically
PUBG automatically collect certain information when you playing our Games and/or Services. The type of information that PUBG automatically collect may vary, but generally includes:
- IP address
- MAC address
- The type of Internet browser or computer operating system
- Domain name of your Internet service provider
- Your browsing behaviour while using our Services
- User statistics(e.g. Number of games played, Kill/Death, headshot ratio, game playtime, etc.)
- Information about your computer, device, hardware and operating system
3) Information collected from third parties
When you use our Games and/or Services using a third party platform, such as Steam, Twitch, Xbox Live, PSN or Facebook, we collect certain information from your third party platform’s profile/account as permitted by the terms of the third party platform and your privacy settings thereon. For example, these include:
- Steam: SteamID64, Steam ID, Display Name, Profile Image
- Twitch: Twitch ID, Display name, Email address, User name
- Xbox Live: Xbox ID, Display Name
- PSN: PSN Account ID, Date of birth, Online ID, Region, Sub Account
- Facebook: Name, Profile Image, Email Address, Friends list
PUBG should be Banned?
Giving a Ban to PUBG is not a wise decision, however, national security and youth health are prior to this game!! This game is played by 100+ Million users, many game streamers earn a living by playing this game and like any other sport this game brought an Esport culture in many nations.
To avoid the ban, the PUBG team should follow all national laws and should be concerned with the mental health status of its users!! This game is not bad but it’s too good and addicted to the youth.
Check out other posts-
- Frag Pro Shooter June 2020 Update 1.6.4
- All Far Cry Games to Download for Free
- All Legendary Cards in Frag Pro Shooter Game
- What is Ping? How to reduce it?
- What is Google Stadia? Its features, Countries, Cost and more
- How to Become a Professional Gamer on Youtube and Twitch
- Frag Pro Shooter Game is Best!!
- All GTA main games with their Download links and system requirements