While playing online games we experience Ping, Sometimes we experience high ping, Sometimes we experience low ping, Sometimes your game lags because of ping, Sometimes your game is very smooth because of ping. So what actually Ping means when we play online games (mostly fps multiplayer) of any gaming device including Mobile, Table or PC.
Since Ping is an important topic in games so here we have covered the points like-
- Meaning of Ping
- Which is Better- High Ping or Low Ping
- Reason behind High Ping and Low Ping
- How to change Ping
What does Ping mean?
Ping is the time taken by the bundle/packet of data to travel from/to your device to/from the server of the game. If you ask the meaning of Ping then it is- Packet InterNet Groper. You must have seen “ms” in ping, so basically here the “ms” is Millisecond ie- 1/1000 seconds.
Which is better- High Ping or Low Ping in games?
Many get confused with ping and cannot decide which pin is good eg- Ping of 30ms or ping of 300ms while playing any online game. Since Ping is the time taken for transfer of data during the game and so lesser the time it takes to transfer the data (30ms) smoother the game will be. If the transfer of data is delayed (300ms) then the user may face a lag between the game!! So remember the following-
- “Lower the Ping, Higher the Performance”
- “Higher the Ping, Lower the Performance”
What is the reason behind a High and Low Ping in games?
Since all process of Ping is the travel of data between device and server so all at last matter is the physical distance between the device and server. In online games like Pubg, there is the option to play in Asia Server, North America Server, Europe Server and more, each server may have different ping according to the location. Usually, if you stay in the same location as the server then the ping will be lower in comparison to the server which is far. As an example, if you live in France (Europe) then Europe Server is best for you in Game like Pubg.
However the Different Location is not the only factor for high ping, the ping also depends on the Congestion in the area (how many people live near and use the internet) and Internet connection that is being used in the device. After analyses of different connections, it is concluded that Ping is different for different connections-
- Satellite- Ping is between 700ms to 2500ms
- 3G Wireless- Ping is between 110ms to 350ms
- 4G Wireless- Ping is between 50ms to 180ms
- DSL (Digital Subscriber Line)- Ping is between 50ms to 100ms
- Cable- Ping is between 25ms to 75ms
Sometimes it’s possible that Upload and Download speed is good but ping in game is also high then, in that case, the health of the server, Distance between device and server can be the reason for the lags faced!!
How can the Ping be reduced?
The following tip might help in reducing Ping problem to an extent and will improve the online game performance.
In Case of PC-
- Ethernet is better than WiFi so its better to use it.
- In Case of Antivirus and Firewall, it’s better to whitelist the games.
- The Applications running in Background should be closed.
- It is better to change the game setting. Usually, lowering the game quality will improve game performance.
- Remove Other Devices from Your Network.
In Case of Mobile / Tablet-
- Update the Game and Device to the latest version.
- Lower the settings for the game to get good Fps.
- Choose the nearest server if this option is available in the game.
- Disable auto-update feature for the application.
- The Sync option should be Disabled in Mobile devices.
- Close Recent and Background Apps.
- Use the better connection
Check out other posts-
- What is Google Stadia? Its features, Countries, Cost and more
- How to Become a Professional Gamer on Youtube and Twitch
- Frag Pro Shooter Game is Best!!
- Best Simulation games for Mobile Phones
- Some Best Football games that you can play on your Mobile Phones
- Best Open World Games to play on Mobile Phones
- Online Games that you can play with your friends even at your Home!!
- Download Best Offline Games for Mobile Phones